The Category Performance dashboard allows you to see how your products stack up compared to the category at UNFI and gauge your impact on the overall growth of a category to help you create compelling sell stories for buyers or address issues.
Note: Some data in this UNFI Insights dashboard is different from the standard UNFI dashboards. For more information see the Data Details section of this article. For more on UNFI Insights, see UNFI Insights overview.
The following sections describe the visualizations and filters in the dashboard.
The Overview section helps you understand your sales in context. Use the following map of the screen to guide you.
. Category Share
- My Category Share YOY Change (chart): This drip chart in this section displays the percentage change in category share from the previous year over the specified time frame, so you can understand how your brand is gaining or losing category share to your competitors.
- Category Share (tile): Your total category percent share over the specified time frame.
- Category Share YOY (tile): The change in category share for your products (taken over the specified time frame) compared to the previous year.
- Category YOY Percent Change (chart)- Displays the percent change in sales for the categories in which you sell products compared to the previous year.
- My YOY Percent Change (chart)- The percent change in sales for your products compared to the previous year.
- Category YOY Change (tile)-The total change in sales for the categories in which you sell products compared to the previous year.
- My YOY Change (tile)- The total change in sales for your products compared to the previous year.
Sales graph and tiles
- Sales over Selected Period - Displays sales over time for the category as a whole (in yellow) and sales for your products (in green) to help you understand how your growth compares to the category growth.
- Category Sales for selected period- The total category sales for the selected time period.
- My sales for selected period- Your total sales for the selected time period.
- Category Sales Change YOY- The change in category sales dollars year over year.
- My Sales Change YOY- The change in your sales year over year.
These regional heat maps allow you to hover over a state and quickly see the year over year change in growth to help you identify regions where your growth is high or low in comparison to the category overall. If available, you can see data by zip code by right-clicking a state and selecting By store zip, enabling you and your marketing team to make more strategic decisions regarding SEO and distribution.
- Category sales by state- This heat map allows you to see states where category growth is high versus regions that are underperforming.
- My sales by state- This heat map allows you to see states where your product growth is high versus regions that are underperforming.
Sales by metric tables
- Sales by State- Displays your sales by state in table format, so you can easily sort or export your performance by state.
- Sales by Product-This sortable table shows your top-growth products and updates based on your selected filters.
- Sales by Subcategory-This table allows you to gauge how your products stack compared to others in your subcategories and updates based on your selected filters.
The Details table displays change at the individual product/store level. You can apply filters at the top of the dashboard, then download this visualization to get a store list that you can share with retail buyers or brokers and use to take action to maximize growth.
In addition to the standard filters available on every Crisp dashboard, you can apply the following filters to refine the information shown in the dashboard. For more on standard filters: Applying filters.
|Select a Time Period
|Select the time frame for which you want to assess category share and YOY change.
Note: The time frames are fixed to allow for robust data comparison.
|Specify whether you want to view category share by volume (in units) or sales (in dollars).
|Specify which subcategories you want to display.
Note: If you exclude subcategories, the category calculations will also exclude those same subcategories.
|Specify if you want to view just your products, just the other products in the category at UNFI (excluding your products), or all products.
Note: If you exclude products, category calculations will exclude those same products.
|Specify whether you want to view all stores or only stores where you have products.
We receive the channel from UNFI as an alphanumeric code. The following tables provide the channel name that corresponds to each code in this filter.
Natural Channel Codes
|Natural - Chain
Conventional Channel Codes
For UNFI conventional customers, the data in this UNFI Insights dashboard has the following differences from the data in standard UNFI dashboards:
Excludes DC to DC transfers
Includes all sales (including confidential retailers) while obfuscating confidential retailer names and details.
Excludes data where the shipped quantity is zero (this typically occurs when orders are placed but not fulfilled).
Also, UNFI natural sales for confidential retailers are shown as a sum total value for all confidential retailers, rather than being broken down by zip code as they are in standard UNFI dashboards.