When you are categorizing deductions in Crisp, you may want to split a single transaction into multiple amounts, so that you can categorize them separately. For more information on categorizing deductions, see Managing deductions.
Note: Initially the deductions tool will contain 6 months worth of historical deductions data and 3 months of historical backup.
To split a deduction:
- From the Deductions Overview screen, select the deduction you want to split.
A screen appears that includes the PDF backup on the right and options for categorization on the left.
- To the right of the deduction amount, select the Split button.
Note: The transaction type must be set to Deduction for this button to appear.
- Select the Add split button.
- Select the deduction type for the split, enter the split amount, and fill out any of the optional fields you want to include.
Hint: The total deduction amount appears at the top-right of the Split deductions pane. The Remaining amount to assign field, shows you how much of the total deduction amount remains uncategorized.
- If you want, you can select Add split to categorize any remaining amount.
Hint: You can also select Duplicate last entry to create an identical split.
- Enter any notes you want to add, then select the Save splits button.
Your split(s) are saved and the main deduction categorization screen reappears.