Crisp allows retailers and distributors to share a live, real-time feed of sales and inventory data all in one place - keeping shelves stocked and customers happy. Crisp leverages the power of the cloud to connect and analyze all of your data sources in real-time, providing you with specific data that enable the most meaningful insights and trends for your business. Crisp also normalizes and harmonizes data to help make data more consistent across data sources. Crisp harmonized data allows you to access unified point of sales and inventory data in an export feed, so you can easily analyze data consolidated from multiple retailers.
You can use Crisp's sample Snowflake data sets to experiment with building models using data that mimics the real-world sales and supply data of a consumer packaged goods (CPG) brand.
Any authenticated Snowflake user can access our public data sets and objects using the following links.
Note: While Crisp pays for the primary storage of these data sets, the account accessing them will be responsible for subsequent downloading and processing costs.
Snowflake data sets
Sample Harmonized Data for Top CPG Retailers and Distributors: This offering provides sample data on sales activities, inventory levels, promotions, pricing, discounting, category performance, and more.
- Sample tables available: Retailer Sales, Retailer Store Inventory, Retailer Distribution Center Inventory
- Sample Fields/Attributes include but not limited to: Product Name, Product UPC, Store, Store Latitude and Longitude, Sales Amount, Sales Quantity, Distribution Center, Distribution Center Latitude and Longitude, On Hand Quantity
- Data Schemas for Top CPG Retailers and Distributors: This offering provides the full set of normalized data schemas and models made available to Crisp Snowflake customers via Snowflake Data Share. Over 500 models are included. This data can help you understand demand forecasting, inventory management, sales growth strategies, and how to reduce waste.
CPG Retail and Distributor Data for BI: This offering provides sample data from top retailers and distributors to help you understand your product distribution, store voids, sales velocities, comparable sales, as well as find new opportunities to grow your business.
- Sample tables available: Product, POS, On Hands, Sales
- Sample fields/attributes included: Product Name, Product UPC, Average Rate of Sale. Sales Amount, Sales Quantity, On Hand Quantity, Average In-Stock, Current In-Stock
- Sample sources available: Amazon, Kroger, Target, Walmart, Whole Foods, DOT, KeHE, UNFI
Data transformation details
While this data is representative of real data, any identifying data (such as product, brand, supplier, retailer etc.) has been consistently obfuscated and masked to prevent mapping back to any real world entity, including slightly randomizing select values (such as sales amounts and quantities). Crisp identifiers in the data have also undergone consistent transformation. A Crisp ID that appears in these data sets will not map back to the same entity on the Crisp platform.
While physical addresses have been masked, certain geographical aspects of the data sets remain intact. For instance, postal codes and latitudes and longitudes remain intact with only coarse transformations applied to limit their specificity (e.g., latitudes and longitudes are truncated to two decimal places).