Crisp accounts have up to three levels of access available to users: viewers, editors, and administrators. Administrative accounts can invite other users to join the account, add connectors, and can assign user permission levels.
In this article, you'll learn the differences among user permission levels and how to grant and revoke account access.
Users with viewer accounts are able to log into Crisp and view all of the data associated with the account. This includes the products overview dashboard, product details pages, and events that have been added by other team members. Users with viewer accounts cannot edit the data within the account and cannot add connectors.
Users with editor accounts have the same permissions as users with viewer accounts, but they can also edit the data within the account. This includes adding events and overriding forecasts.
Users with administrative accounts have the greatest breadth of permissions within Crisp: they can view and edit the data, invite other team members to the account, add and manage connectors, and control the permissions of all users associated with their account.
Update user permissions by changing user level
Account administrators control who can edit data within their Crisp account by changing the user levels. Follow the steps below to change the level of other users within your Crisp account.
Click your profile in the top right of the account dashboard
Select Account Settings from the dropdown
Under Account Details, you will see a section listing the current account members. Click the edit button to manage and add members
- Under the members list, identify the user that you want to change the permissions for. Beside their email, you will find the user's current level listed. Click the arrow beside the level to select a new level for this user
- Select a role from the dropdown to change the user's permissions
- The next time your user logs into their Crisp account, their permissions will be updated to reflect the role that you selected
Revoke user access
Administrators can also remove user access from the same screen where they can adjust the user permission levels.
- Identify the user that you want to revoke access for. Below their email, you will see the word remove. Click remove to initiate revoking their account access
- On click, the word remove will turn red and read Remove Access? Click this text to proceed
- The user will then be removed from your members list and will no longer be able to access your Crisp account