Crisp can use the sales order history data from outdated or discontinued products to inform the forecasts for new replacement products. This is helpful is your new product has little to no sales order history yet. When you tell Crisp about a relationship between two products, Crisp will use the data from the phased out product to inform the forecasts for the new product.
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to:
Create a product relationship
Follow the steps below to learn how to relate the data for a discontinued product with its replacement.
On the Products page, click the ID of the product that you want to replace with a new product. This will take you to the product details page
Click Product Relationships
Select New Relationship
Search for and select the product that you want to place your chosen product with
Enter the conversion rate
- You will then see a list of all of your product's relationships
Crisp will automatically generate updated forecasts after your product relationship is saved. You can view the new forecasts as well as the product relationship on the sales plot.
- Navigate to the Sales / Forecast Plot page
- Below the Sales / Forecast Plot, identify the Related Sales driver. Click a related product to view that product's sales order history on your new product's Sales / Forecast Plot
Delete product relationships
Open the product relationships page
- In the relationships list, identify the relationship that you want to remove. Click delete next to that product
- On click, the text will change to Delete Relationship? Click again to confirm deletion
- Your product's relationships list will be updated to remove the deleted relationship. The data associated with this relationship will be removed from the product's baseline history and the product's forecasts will be updated as well