Crisp’s connectors can automatically collect and consolidate your organization’s information from several sources, including supplier portals provided by retailers and distributors. This automation saves organizations a lot of time, effort and frustration. It replaces the repetitive manual process of logging into various portals, downloading a specific time-snapshot of information, and importing it into a complicated spreadsheet model.
You can connect your organization’s information - which is automatically collected, organized, and stored in the Crisp data platform - to Excel. If you're using a Mac, follow the instructions for the Mac OS add-in instead.
- Login to your Crisp account.
- From the main menu on the left side of the screen, select Connectors.
- Select the Add connector button at the top-right of the screen.
- Select the Data Destinations tab, then select the Excel connector tile.
If you want, update the default name of the connector. If you're going to set up multiple data feeds to this destination, we recommend using something unique.
- In the Connector source data section, select the Select button.
Select the retailer(s) for which you want to export data (e.g., UNFI), then choose which data tables and columns to include in the export. For detailed instructions on making your data feed selections, see Selecting Destination Data Sources.
Hint: You can select the book icon to the right of a table name to see its documentation.
When you select a table, the table's column names appear in the Columns column. You can deselect any columns you do not want to export to excel.
To complete your selections, select the Accept button.
The window closes and you return to the connector setup screen.
- Select the time period (e.g., Last 52 weeks) you want to initially load into the feed. For faster load times, we recommend selecting the last quarter.
Hint: If you want to set a custom date range, you can select Absolute and set specific start and end dates.
- If you want to include a column in your export that identifies which source connector the data came from, select the Include Source Connector Configuration ID option.
Hint: This is useful if you have multiple connectors for the same retailer, such as one for U.S. sales and one for Canadian sales.
Select the Save button.
The Connectors page appears with a new tile for your Excel connector.
Select the new Excel connector tile.
A details screen appears.
In the OData feed section, select the Copy to clipboard link. This will copy the URL you will use in the next steps to set up the connection in Excel. Please keep this window open, as you will need to refer to it again.
- Open a blank Excel Worksheet and select the Data tab.
From the Get Data menu, select From Other Sources > From ODataFeed.
The OData feed window appears.
Paste the URL you copied from Crisp in Step 6 into the URL field, then select the OK button.
In the dialog box that appears, select Basic.
Navigate back to the Excel Connector details screen in Step 5. Under OData username, select the Copy to clipboard link.
Return to Excel, and in the User Name box, paste the value. Repeat this process for the OData Password field.
- From the Select which level to apply these settings to drop-down menu, select the last level in the list.
- Select the Connect button.
A list of the data tables you configured appears.
From the list of tables, select the one you want to work with, then select the Load button.
If the configuration is successful, the pane show in the following image appears on the right, indicating progress:
Once complete, your data appears in tabular format and is ready for you to work with.
Since the Excel connector is an automated feed of your data, Excel only refreshes data from the Crisp platform when you tell it to. If you want to set up Excel to automatically refresh data at a specified interval, complete the following steps:
- From the Table Design tab, select Refresh > Connection Properties.
From the window that appears, select Refresh every  minutes.
Note: We recommend leaving this setting at the default of 60 minutes.
Select the OK button.
Your data now automatically refreshes every 60 minutes. Data refreshes from the Crisp platform are also subject to the update frequency of the source data (e.g., your Target, KeHE, or UNFI connection).