The Crisp Data Platform Connector add-in for Excel simplifies the data feed connection process for Crisp users who have purchased an outbound connector plan. Reports can be loaded and synced on an individual basis for optimized performance in Excel. The add-in also makes Crisp's Excel outbound connector available for Mac users.
Note: Before you download and set up the add-in, make sure you have an active Microsoft work or school account that you can log into.
1. In Excel, select Insert and then Get Add-ins.
The Office Add-ins window appears.
2. Search for "Crisp", then select the Add button to the right of the Crisp add-in.
3. Accept the permissions, then select the Continue button.
Note: If you're unable to select Continue, you can download the add-in from Microsoft's AppSource.
4. After the add-in downloads, select the Crisp icon in the top right corner of the screen, then select Get started.
5. From the window that appears, select the Allow button.
6. From the Crisp Platform window that appears, log in to your Crisp account.
Note: If you're using Excel online, be sure to have 3rd-party cookies enabled! If you're using an incognito window, these will be turned off by default.
Once logged in, a field appears where you can enter the feed URL from Crisp.
7. To get the feed URL, from the Crisp platform main menu at the top-right of the screen, select Outbound connectors. Then, locate the Excel tile you want to connect and select the Copy OData feed link.
The link is copied to your clipboard and ready to paste into Excel.
8. Paste the OData feed link into the add-in window, then select the Test & save button.
9. Select the report(s) you want to sync.
10. If you want to filter the report to include or exclude specific data, select the filter icon to the right of the report, then set your filter conditions. For more: Setting filters with the MacOS Add-in for Excel.
Hint: If you have a large data set, applying filters can help reduce sync time and errors caused by exceeding the row limits in Excel.
11. Select the Save button.
Each report loads in its own tab. If you added filters, your reports will automatically filter based on the conditions you specified.
12. If you want to start or stop the data from syncing for all reports in the document, you can select the Sync all reports or Stop sync action buttons at the top of the add-in pane. If you want to change which reports are included in the sync, you can select Select reports, then add or remove reports.
13. If you want to stop, sync, or remove an individual report, you can use the buttons underneath each report.
14. To update the feed URL or log out, select Connection settings at the bottom of the add-in pane.
Need help with the add-in? Contact us at email@example.com