When setting up outbound connectors, you can customize the data that feeds from Crisp into other applications.
Note: Before you begin, you must add an outbound connector. Instructions for adding an outbound connector differ depending on the application to which you want to export your data. For instructions, see Outbound connectors and select the article for the relevant application.
To specify what's included in your outbound data feed:
- Log into your Crisp account.
- Add an outbound connector by following the instructions in the relevant Outbound connectors article.
- From the Connector source data section, select the Select button.
The Select source data screen appears with a list of your available inbound connectors.
- From the left side bar, select the inbound connector from which you want to export data
All the tables and columns for the connecter you selected appear.
- Select a table (e.g., Product by Brand with Expiration) that you want to include in the exported data feed.
Hint: You can select the book icon to the right of a table name to see its documentation.
The available columns for the table appear at right.
- Select the columns you want to include.
Columns are divided into the following three types:
-Time Key: Controls how the report columns are rolled up by time.
-Dimension: The grouped columns in a table. For example, if a table lists every car sold in the United States, and you want to display the number of cars sold per manufacturer, the dimension is car manufacturer (that is, the results are grouped by manufacturer).
-Measure: Fields with values that can be measured or used for mathematical purposes. Crisp currently only supports sum calculations for measures.
Hint: You can click the Select all and Select none buttons to include or exclude all items in the tables and columns.
You can change the time frame for how your data is rolled up, if, for example, the selected connector provides daily data, but you want to work with weekly data in your exported data feed. Just select a time frame column (e.g., report_date), then select a time transformation (e.g., Weekly).Note: For the Whole Foods inbound connector, if you select a time transformation, you must deselect the week_ending and weeks_ago columns or your time transformation will not take effect, as these columns force a weekly aggregation.
The time transformation is applied. Selecting a time transformation will not change any of the sums. Your table will instead sum your data at the granularity you selected.
- If you want, review your selections before accepting them in the Selection panel on the far right of the screen. You can click on the condensed dimensions and measures to expand the full list of included items.
- To finalize your selections, select the Accept button.
The window closes and you return to the connector setup screen.
- Once you finish setting up your connector, select the Save button.
A diagnostic checklist appears on the right side of the screen. Once all the items are complete, green check marks appear next to them and the connection is finalized.